جمعہ, فروری 23 https://www.rt.com/on-air/ Live
Shadow
سرخیاں
صدر ایردوعان کا اقوام متحدہ جنرل اسمبلی میں رنگ برنگے بینروں پر اعتراض، ہم جنس پرستی سے مشابہہ قرار دے دیا، معاملہ سیکرٹری جنرل کے سامنے اٹھانے کا عندیامغرب روس کو شکست دینے کے خبط میں مبتلا ہے، یہ ان کے خود کے لیے بھی خطرناک ہے: جنرل اسمبلی اجلاس میں سرگئی لاوروو کا خطاباروناچل پردیش: 3 کھلاڑی چین اور ہندوستان کے مابین متنازعہ علاقے کی سیاست کا نشانہ بن گئے، ایشیائی کھیلوں کے مقابلے میں شامل نہ ہو سکےایشیا میں امن و استحکام کے لیے چین کا ایک اور بڑا قدم: شام کے ساتھ تذویراتی تعلقات کا اعلانامریکی تاریخ کی سب سے بڑی خفیہ و حساس دستاویزات کی چوری: انوکھے طریقے پر ادارے سر پکڑ کر بیٹھ گئےیورپی کمیشن صدر نے دوسری جنگ عظیم میں جاپان پر جوہری حملے کا ذمہ دار روس کو قرار دے دیااگر خطے میں کوئی بھی ملک جوہری قوت بنتا ہے تو سعودیہ بھی مجبور ہو گا کہ جوہری ہتھیار حاصل کرے: محمد بن سلمانمغربی ممالک افریقہ کو غلاموں کی تجارت پر ہرجانہ ادا کریں: صدر گھانامغربی تہذیب دنیا میں اپنا اثر و رسوخ کھو چکی، زوال پتھر پہ لکیر ہے: امریکی ماہر سیاستعالمی قرضوں میں ریکارڈ اضافہ: دنیا، بنکوں اور مالیاتی اداروں کی 89 پدم روپے کی مقروض ہو گئی

North Korea blasts ‘SICKENING NEGOTIATIONS’ with US, denounces their ‘hostile policy’ after nuclear talks flop

North Korea blasts ‘SICKENING NEGOTIATIONS’ with US, denounces their ‘hostile policy’ after nuclear talks flop

Pyongyang has shed the light on recent collapse of the working-level talks with the US, accusing Washington of sticking to “hostile policy” against North Korea, inability to hold meaningful dialogue and producing false statements.

A scorching statement on the talks and their failure was released by the North Korea’s Foreign Ministry on Sunday. The negotiations took place in Stockholm on Saturday, resulting in a failure as the North Korean delegation broke off, saying the talks “have not fulfilled” their expectations.

Also on rt.com

FILE PHOTO
North Korea launches ‘unidentified projectiles’ hours after agreeing to resume nuke talks with US

The statement came in response to Washington’s attempts to downplay the extent of the flop.The US State Department insisted that Pyongyang agreed to hold new talks in two weeks, while the remarks of the Korean chief nuclear negotiator, Kim Myong Gil, did not reflect “the content or spirit” of the meeting.

The ministry argue that wasn’t the case, expressing doubts that the US is able to come up with any meaningful suggestions in just two weeks.

The US is spreading a completely ungrounded story that both sides are open to meet after two weeks but as it has conceived nothing even after the passage of 99 days since the Panmunjom summit, it is not likely at all that it can produce a proposal commensurate to the expectations of the DPRK and to the concerns of the world in just fortnight.

Pyongyang went further and accused the US of using the Stockholm talks as a vanity event “to meet its political goal of abusing the DPRK-US dialogue for its domestic political events.” No actual preparations for the talks had been made by the US, the ministry claimed, as Washington simply repeated the same old points it produced before.

Also on rt.com

Villa Elfvik Strand conference center where the talks took place. © Reuters / Pontus Lundahl; North Korean chief negotiator, Kim Myong-gil © Reuters / Ahn Young-joon
North Korea says talks with US have FAILED, urges Washington to ‘reconsider position’

Such an approach makes North Korean leadership “sceptical” about the existence of “political will” in Washington to actually fix the bilateral relations, the ministry said, warning that the country does not seek to further engage into that pointless talks unless the US changes its attitude and stops its “hostile policy.”

“We have no intention to hold such sickening negotiations as what happened this time before the US takes a substantial step to make complete and irreversible withdrawal of the hostile policy toward the DPRK,” the statement reads.

As we have clearly identified the way for solving problem, the fate of the future DPRK-US dialogue depends on the U.S. attitude, and the end of this year is its deadline.

While the relations between North Korea and the US have been quite hostile for decades, they got particularly heated during Donald Trump’s Presidency. The US leader and his North Korean counterpart Kim Jong-un engaged in a bitter war of words, featuring military threats and personal insults, yet ultimately managed to stick to diplomacy and entered direct talks. Their first summit in Singapore, held in June 2018, was touted as a major breakthrough towards a peace settlement in the Korean Peninsula.

Also on rt.com

A submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) test pictured by North Korea's Central News Agency, October 2, 2019
‘New phase in containing outside forces’: North Korea brags of successful test of submarine-launched missile (PHOTOS)

Still, the prospects of the negotiation process became uncertain this February after the Trump-Kim summit in Vietnam flopped. The new failure of a major diplomatic event in Stockholm makes the future of the talks even more unclear, while a re-ignition of the Korean Peninsula standoff grows increasingly possible.

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!



North Korea blasts ‘SICKENING NEGOTIATIONS’ with US, denounces their ‘hostile policy’ after nuclear talks flop

Source: RT

دوست و احباب کو تجویز کریں

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eleven + nineteen =

Contact Us